As a Career Ready centre, we aim to raise young people’s aspirations and bridge the gap between education and work by giving students access to real experience of the world of work.
Students will benefit from a structured programme comprising; paid internships, mentoring by employer volunteers, and motivational lectures and workshops. This highly successful programme, which has been running for over ten years, is designed to complement students’ studies and to provide all the work experience and skills they will need to be able to perform more effectively in the wider world.
What is Logistics?
• Products arrive at the right time and in the right place
• People are employed with the right skills and work in the right places
• Transport Links are available and correctly used.
Working in Logistics requires, mathematicians, engineers, drivers, statisticians, HR and business skills, communication, product design and distribution- in short – everything we teach here!
Career Ready UK works with more than 4,000 volunteers from over 1,400 employers large and small. Employers are from the public, private and voluntary sectors and include major multi-nationals and almost a third of the FTSE 100 companies. As a business-led charity, they are governed by a Board of senior leaders.
What is Career Ready?
Through the Career Ready Programme students will develop a broad awareness of business to help them decide whether to opt for employment, for work-based learning (such as apprenticeships or school leaver programmes) or higher education.
• Nationally, Over 85% of Career Ready graduates progress either to university - or directly into employment.
• Careers Ready UK work with schools and colleges across the UK.
• Over 2,500 students from all parts of the UK are currently on the programme and since it began in 2002, almost 4,000 students have graduated from the programme.
For information on recent events and visits please click here.
|3Sixty Fleet - WDS overview and careers|
|West Derby School Employer Partners|
|A Capital Experience 2016 - PR Pack - schools and colleges|